The child development team (CDT) in Ealing assesses and cares for children with developmental difficulties.
- Telephone number: 020 8825 8700
- Address: Ealing Services for Children with Additional Needs (ESCAN), Carmelita House, 21-22 The Mall, Ealing, W5 2PJ
- Location: Carmelita House, Ealing
- Division: Women's and children's services
- General manager: Debbie Grey
About the service
The child development team (CDT) in Ealing assesses and cares for children with developmental difficulties who:
- are between the ages of 0 and 19
- have an Ealing GP.
The team is based at Carmelita House and is a part of the Ealing Services for Children with Additional Needs (ESCAN).
We provide care in a range of settings across Ealing which meet your child's needs, including:
- children's centres
- special and mainstream schools
- your own home.
We can help assess and care for your child in a number of ways, such as:
- autism assessments: these are usually for children between 0 and 6, but this may be extended to a child's 19th birthday for children with moderate or severe generalised learning difficulties
- educational medicals, for the statutory assessment process
- epilepsy reviews, for children with developmental delay
- paediatric assessments according to specific diagnoses (for example, for children with complex needs and Down Syndrome)
- sleep counselling service, with our Specialist Health Visitors
Conditions we care for
We care for children who have various kinds of developmental difficulties, such as:
- global developmental delay
- cerebral palsy
- developmental co-ordination disorder
- social communication disorder
- Down Syndrome.
We accept referrals for children or young people with an Ealing GP
We accept referrals from:
- other healthcare professionals
- school teachers
- Special Educational Needs Coordinators.
You can refer to us by post at:
Ealing Child Development Team
Ealing Services for Children with Additional Needs (ESCAN)
21-22 The Mall