A&E quality indicators
When you visit our Emergency Departments, we measure five important quality indicators to check how well we care for you and how quickly we see you.
- how many people leave our Emergency Departments before being seen for treatment
- how many people come back to, or re-attend, our Emergency Departments after having been seen
- the amount of time it takes our ED team to perform an initial assessment on you
- the amount of time it takes our ED team to treat you
- the total amount of time you spend in our Emergency Departments.
How we use A&E quality indicators
This information helps us to:
- check that we are providing high quality care to you as quickly as we can
- see how we are doing compared to other, similar sized NHS Trusts
- identify areas where we need to do better
- make improvements to your care.
Reporting our A&E quality indicators
We are required to report each month on how we have performed against these indicators to NHS England. This report is a summary of our performance for the whole month, and won’t include any of your personal information.