Our Occupational Therapists provide a high quality service to children and young people in Ealing.
- Telephone number: 0208 825 8768
- Address: Ealing Paediatric Occupational Therapy Service, Carmelita House, 21-22 The Mall, Ealing, W5 2PJ
- Location: Carmelita House, Ealing
- Division: Women's and children's services
- General manager: Shabnam Sharma
About the service
Our Occupational Therapists in Ealing provide a high quality service to children and young people who:
- are between the ages of 0 and 18 (or between the ages of 0 and 19 if they attend an Ealing special school where we provide a service)
- have a GP in Ealing
The team work with children and young people who have difficulties with daily living activities because of illness, injury, developmental difficulties or neurodisability.
We aim to help your child develop the skills they need to be take part in everyday activities (known as occupations) as independently as possible. These activities might include:
- personal care skills, including dressing, toileting, feeding, and brushing teeth
- completing school activities, such as playing or attending school
- being able to participate in fun leisure activities, including sports or playing with friends.
We offer advice and support to parents, carers and other professionals to:
- improve the quality of life for your child and your family
- help your child participate in as many activities as possible
- reduce the impact of any disability your child may have
- help your child become as independant as possible.
Where we provide your care
Our team work across Ealing in a range of locations to meet your child's needs, including in:
- children’s centres and other early years settings
- special schools
- mainstream schools
- clinics at Carmelita House
- clinics different local health centres
We will accept referrals from parents, carers, or professionals as long as they are sent in with written consent from the child or young person's parent / guardian.
We will accept the referral if the child or young person:
- has an Ealing GP
- is aged 0-18 (unless they attend an Ealing special school where we provide a service, in which case we will take referrals up to the age of 19)
- has a difficulty or difficulties participating in functional tasks in the areas of self-care, productivity, or leisure.
You can refer to us by emailing our team or by writing to us by post.