Our annual report details what we’ve been up to in the last year. It includes our achievements, how we’re planning to improve our care in the coming year, and how we spent our money, as outlined in our annual accounts.
Each year, we...
...have over 800,000 contacts with people in our boroughs and beyond
...deliver more than 5,000 babies
...see more than 1,000 people a day in our two emergency departments and urgent care centres.
In 2017 to 2018, we...
...made changes to the way we care for you
- piloted (and subsequently introduced in 2018/19) the National Early Warning Score 2 (NEWS2) in our community services
- created a one-stop sexual health and reproductive service across our three boroughs and beyond
...were recognised as
- best stroke unit in the country with 10 out 10 by the Royal College of Physicians
- a smart inspection mobile app to report real-time feedback from weekly quality walks
- multi-lingual medication labelling – becoming the first integrated trust in the country to do so
- our ultrasound training academy – the first in the UK
- grade 3 and 4 pressure ulcers by 60% from the previous year in our hospitals and community
- the number of MRSA bloods stream infections we reported from 10 in the previous year to two