Annual reports and accounts
Our annual report details what we’ve been up to in the last year. It includes our achievements, how we’re planning to improve our care in the coming year, and how we spent our money, as outlined in our annual accounts.
In 2018-19, we...
…made changes to the way we care for you
- opened a three-bed unit for new born premature babies at Northwick Park Hospital, giving mothers the chance to bond with their new born babies
- introduced an initiative allowing people to be tested and treated for sexually transmitted infections in the privacy of their own homes
…were recognised as
- a European leader in robotic knee surgery and a training centre for visiting surgeons around the world at Central Middlesex Hospital
- a research active Trust with more than 5,000 patients taking part in clinical trials each year
- a heart failure day care unit at Ealing Hospital that aims to keep all but the most critically ill patients out of hospital
- a highly specialised vascular and interventional surgical centre at Northwick Park Hospital
- a new app in our emergency department for staff to hail a porter on their mobile phone
- bed days for some of our patients by enhancing physiotherapy at home, and helping patients to safely go home sooner
- Trust acquired grade 2 pressure ulcers by 50%
- the amount of time patients need to stay in hospital by an average of 5.9 days in our St. Mark’s Hospital surgical ward by refreshing our enhanced recovery care model using gold standard pathway redesign approach