Our paediatric speech and language therapy service provides a high quality service to children and young people in Harrow.
- Telephone number: 0208 869 3010
- Location: Northwick Park Hospital
- Division: Women's and children's services
- General manager: Maria Luscombe (Head of paediatric therapies)
About the service
Our paediatric speech and language therapy service in Harrow provides a high quality service to children and young people who:
- are between the ages of 0 and 18
- have a GP in Harrow or who attend school in Harrow
- have difficulties with speech, language, communication or swallowing.
We work in partnership with you and your family, as well as other health, education, social care and voluntary service professionals.
Conditions we care for
We look after children and young people who have one or more of the following conditions:
- developmental language disorder
- speech sound difficulties
- language disorder linked to with a sensory, cognitive or physical disability
- autism or social interaction difficulties
- voice disorders
- selective mutism
- feeding and drinking difficulties.
Where we provide your care
We provide services in a number of community settings, such as:
- children’s centres
- further education colleges.
We provide care for children who are Harrow residents and who have speech and language therapy needs.
We have an open referral system. That means that anyone who has the consent of the child's parent can make a referral.
How to refer
To refer, please write to us stating the child's:
- date of birth
- phone number.
You can send your referral:
- by post, to London North West Healthcare NHS Trust, Paediatric Therapy Services Chaucer Unit, Level 3, Northwick Park Hospital, Watford Road, Harrow, HA3 7UJ
- or by emailing our team.
Download our referral forms, service criteria, and checklists: