Our primary care carer liaison service is led by our nurses, and offers expert advice, support for carers.
- Location: Willesden Centre for Health and Care
About the service
Our primary care carer liaison service is led by our nurses, and offers expert advice, support for carers. We also carry out some carers assessments.
Our aim is to help carers, GPs and clinicians to access services, and to work closely with teams across community and secondary care to provide links across these services.
We are the single point of access for carers assessment referrals from GPs, district nurse, school nurses, and other healthcare professionals.
- risk assess carers to identify any mental health needs
- risk assess carers to identify any physical health needs
- provide carers with support.
Contact our service
Get in touch with us:
- by phone, via the Willesden Centre for Health and Care switchboard (0208 438 7006)
- by email.
We accept referrals from:
- healthcare professionals
- patients and families
To be referred, a person should be between the ages of 16 and 59. They can be:
- a carer living in Brent, and who is registered with a Brent GP
- a carer living outside Brent, but who is registerd with a Brent GP
- a carer who is not registered with a Brent GP, but who provides care to someone who is registered with a Brent GP.
If you are referring a carer, please ensure that you have their consent to make the referral.
We screen all referrals to assess their urgency:
- Five days: urgent (red)
- Seven working days: amber
- Ten days: non-urgent (green).